EUROPEAN POLICY STRATEGY
The University of Catania considers the internationalization process to be of deeply importance for its development, therefore, it is willing to adopt strategic plans aiming at improving such process, thanks to some different actions to be realized in a short time and some others requiring longer times for their effectiveness but all pursuing the goal of rising its visibility, reputation and attractiveness.
The University of Catania is the oldest of the Italian South-centre universities and it manifests some excellences in terms of didactics and research thanks to particular synergies and specific collaborations with several research institutes operating in its territory, such as C.N.R., I.N.A.F., I.N.F.N., I.N.G.V.
Furthermore, Catania geographic position, even if off-centred from North-centre European countries, is certainly in a focal point with respect to Mediterranean area countries, with whom it is certainly possible to organize cooperation activities of great importance. Other key points can be considered the different enterprises working on the territory, representing a reference point for study, research and industrial collaboration initiatives. Therefore, in order to improve the internationalization process the University will adopt the following strategic actions.
- enhance international activities communication through a more attractive web site and the creation of university of Catania profile in the most important social networks;
- increase the educational offer in English language, thanks to the activation of new courses and the creation of “course packages”, useful for incoming students in the creation of their learning agreements;
- reinforce English language courses in all degree courses in order to boost students’ linguistic competencies and let them be more competitive within the international job market;
- enlarge the number of agreements with European countries and in particular with France, United Kingdom, Germany and North European countries;
- formalize pre-existent international cooperation and use a contact and best practice sharing policy among similar disciplinary areas;
- favour international mobility (European and Non-European) of teachers and administrative staff using simple administrative procedures;
- implement services and facilities for incoming students, teachers and staff, with better accommodations services and dedicated procedures to obtain the stay permission;
- enhance Italian language courses offer for foreign students;
- create collaboration activities with high schools (also Italian ones) operating in Mediterranean countries in order to carry on an efficient recruitment action.
- avour the activation of degree courses and/or Ph.D. courses with joint degree and increase their number;
- rise incoming mobility of internationally famous professors to do some didactics or seminars;
- boost University of Catania active participation to the most important international inter-universities networks;
- favour and promote the realization of multidisciplinary activities such as international high specialization summer schools.